Friday, March 16, 2012

Bossypants


I might be the last female in America to read this book, but just in case there's someone out there like me, here's my review. Bossypants is a memoir of sorts, but could also be considered a selection of short stories in chronological fashion. Tina Fey takes you through the more interesting parts of her childhood, college, and working life with short anecdotes that almost always carry a point.


If you're a fan of 30 Rock, then you'll probably be a fan of Bossypants. Tina Fey's writing style has that same witty, a little weird, and sharp style that the sitcom embraces. In addition, she offers great insight into our cultural psyche through individual experiences overlayed with humor. I found the middle of the book dragged out a bit, but this could be due to the fact that I was less interested in her rise through the ranks of comedy than I was in other parts. I can't say it was the motivational and life-changing feminist tome that some have claimed, but I did enjoy reading it and took away a some good points and quite a few laughs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...