Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Change of Heart

image from domino

image from Vicente Wolf

image from apartment therapy

image from design crisis

image from Lonny


Growing up, my parents' house was very traditional. I'm talking early American antiques, oil paintings, silk pillows, tassels, and yes, oriental rugs. My entire teenage and adult life I have claimed that I would never, ever, ever get anything that even resembles an oriental rug. I walk right past the things in stores and cringe at the thought of putting one anywhere near one of my couches. Or I used to at least, but now those same oriental rugs are starting to grow on me. Now they seem more like a cheeky nod to tradition when they're in bright colors, paired with mid-century modern furniture, in a kids room, or in a kitchen. I'm not going to run out and buy one anytime soon, but I'm certainly seeing things in a new light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...