Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Derby Recap


We may not have won big, but we had so much fun at the Kentucky Derby this weekend. Louisville is a great town, and it's hard to believe that it gets even better on Derby weekend. (1) On Friday night, we attended a pre-Derby party complete with a live band, outdoor tents, and chandeliers. Which begs the question, does anyone entertain like Southerners do? (2) I didn't participate in any mint julep drinking, but I did try the Lily (vodka, cranberry, sweet and sour mix, triple sec), which has now been added to my favorite Springtime drink list. (3) I learned this weekend that men take their Derby apparel just as seriously as us women do (and look all the better for doing so). I was privy to many conversations regarding sports coats, pocket squares, seersucker, and sunglasses brands. (4) I know ya'll were anxiously awaiting my Derby attire reveal (wink wink), and here it is! I thought I was going to be a little off beat with my fascinator, but I quickly realized quite a few other people were inspired by the royal wedding as well. 


Overall, an incredibly fun weekend with welcoming hosts and great people. Now I just need to find other places it's acceptable to wear a hat...

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! You rocked the fascinator. I'm pretty glad it wasn't the outfit on the left since it was cute but no one chose it, at least for the derby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very jealous of your derby pictures! It looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I love your fascinator!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...