Thursday, September 20, 2012

Getting an Edge

Preppy: Pants from JCrew | Shirt from JCrew | Bracelet from JCrew | Blazer from TopShop
Boots from Coach | Purse from Shopbop
Edgy: Jacket from Rebecca Taylor (however I'd most likely buy this Zara one
Necklace from Loren Hope | Clutch from Kate Spade | Shoes from Aldo

Every time I read a magazine, I am constantly reminded that your 20s are the time you are supposed to experiment with your clothes. After reading this for the 9 millionth time in the September issues it finally hit me that the majority of my experimenting has involved picking out that one item from JCrew that doesn't seem quite as preppy. I have not so many years of this 20s experimentation left to go; so I figured it's high time to get on it. Thus, my friends, I am off to find my wild side (which is most likely not so wild).

If you've seen me out, you will know that the first outfit is one of my staples. The boots and bag are a little different, and I've got some sequins on my stripes, but you get the idea. Here's my attempt at mixing it up: add a color I never wear (green), throw on some heels (which I never wear either), and rock a leather jacket. Leather shoes and bags, sure, all the time. Leather coat? Nope, not so much. But...there's a first time for everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...