Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Menocal

Art is a touchy subject in our house. Kyle is of the mindset that every single piece needs to have a special and personal meaning to us. I'm a big believer that sometimes something is just pretty. Or you just want some flowers hanging in the living room. Or you just need some pink. 

Thank goodness for Happy Menocal. A few years ago, I bought one of her matador prints, because it reminded me of my time studying abroad in Spain. Kyle happens to love it as well, and we've finally found the perfect place for it in our dining room. 


Flash forward to a few days ago as I'm digging around in drawers pulling out prints and photographs trying to complete our gallery wall in the living room. Kyle wasn't having any of it. "Too girly." "Why would we want a picture of Provence? I've never been there." "Joachim Noah would look great over there." As I was taking a break, I happened upon Happy's website and saw her new collection of prints. I showed Kyle the shark, and finally, finally, we had some agreement.  You see, we saw a 5 foot shark on our honeymoon, and it's one of our favorite stories to trot out at dinner parties and prove how adventurous we can be. (In reality, it was a reef shark, and we were both terrified. Let's keep that between us though. ;) ) Now this fella is on his way, and I've already started to develop a deep affection for him.

But let's not stop with sharks and matadors. Happy also has the best collection of dog portraits, pictures of faraway places, and custom heraldry. I would love some of those intertwined and fancy letters emblazoned on stationary or hanging by the front door. 

This is only the very tip of the iceberg. If I were you, I would head over to Happy Menocal's website for oh so much more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...